Position Title: Project Support Manager
Hours of duty: 37.5 per week, 5 days per week, core hours 8.00 – 16.00 The Rota may involve some evening and weekend hours
Salary: £ 13.85 per hour / £27,007.50 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term until 31 March 2025
Falcon Support Services provides supported accommodation and community projects to those that are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or vulnerable in the community.
Our service helps vulnerable people by providing safe and secure accommodation with our staff working alongside clients to help them develop their skills, so they can move away from homelessness to living independently and positively contribute to their community.
The role is challenging and rewarding with opportunities to make a positive difference to people’s lives, by ensuring the smooth running and delivery of high-quality accommodation projects, housing management and housing-related support to homeless people with complex needs in accordance with internal and external quality standards and relevant social policy.
This role will require leadership experience, being able to provide support and guidance, having the ability to monitor staff performance and boost morale, coaching and training as well as carrying out regular supervision and meetings.
You must have experience in providing support to service users with complex needs and be able to deliver trauma-informed support, managing a caseload of 6 at any one time.
You must have a genuine interest in helping people to make changes in their lives and an understanding of the types of issues that affect those that are homeless, as well as a dedication to Falcon Support Services values and performance standards.
Falcon Support Services will provide training and support to applicants who are able to demonstrate the right values, behaviours, and attitudes.
- To ensure the smooth daily running of the accommodation project, meeting all health and safety standards and FSS property standards.
- To ensure high quality in the delivery of the service and meet the commissioned service specification.
- To work with a minimum caseload of 6 service users using both trauma-informed and strength-based approaches.
- To train and supervise staff to meet Falcon Support Services objectives and the commissioned service objectives.
- To have responsibility for the project to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Attend regular update meetings with the contract lead.
- Report regularly to the contract lead and Falcon Support Services Senior Leadership Team.
To take lead responsibility for daily operations for specific projects to ensure efficient service delivery as directed by the Senior Leadership Team/Project Manager. Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Lead a team, working collaboratively with colleagues through regular supervision, team meetings and case conferences.
- Take a lead on ensuring that the service has a maximization of occupancy levels and a minimization of voids, by managing referrals and assessments.
- To work in a psychologically informed way, including attendance of reflective practices.
- Ensure accurate implementation and monitoring of personalised support plans to achieve positive outcomes and monitor a timely process into independent living.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all Clients, Staff and members of the public associated with Falcon Support services
- To work in collaboration with a range of multi-agency partners, support providers, housing providers and funders in both the statutory and voluntary sectors.
- Mentor and support students and/or volunteers in the service.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services and the service, working as part of an integrated team, including representation at forums and other professional events.
- Ensuring adequate staffing of accommodation projects, with rota management, and participation in the on-call rota.
- To monitor and respond to Service charge/Housing Benefit arrears of current and previous clients. Issuing rent letters and aiding the successful collection of service charges/rents
- Ensure that all required documentation for Housing Benefits is completed and actioned for clients moving in and out of the project. Assisting in applying for eligible benefits including Housing/Council Tax benefit, reducing deductions and appeals.
- Manage and respond to any complaints received in line with the Complaints Policy.
- Ensure all information and documentation received in relation to individual clients are accurately inputted into the services IT Systems.
- To complete and provide any documentation, reports, statistical information, and any other information required by Falcon Support Services and/or any other agency.
- To assist in the development, and implementation of procedures and codes of working practice to form part of a comprehensive quality approach to service delivery.
Compliance/Health & Safety
- Ensuring initial interviews with clients are performed and ensuring relevant Risk Assessments and Needs Assessments are completed accurately.
- To ensure that the terms of License Agreements are adhered to and address any problems arising from this requirement. Making sure Support Arrangements are put into place and monitored to prevent evictions.
- Liaise with contractors and report and sign off any maintenance works.
- Ensuring Health and Safety checks are completed, including Building Checks, Fire Checks and Water Temperature checks.
- To be alert to the health and well-being of all clients, reporting any concerns to the Project Manager and/or appropriate agencies
- Report all incidents of H&S, or any other serious issue, completing an incident report
- Report any safeguarding or substantial risk concerns appropriately.
- To adhere to all of Falcon Support Services policies and procedures as well as any specific local procedures
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a Criminal Records Bureau check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory project practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post, such additional duties may be undertaken which are reasonably commensurate with the level of post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Leadership experience
- Ability to work in a customer care and quality-focused manner
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, aggressive behaviours, and handle conflict appropriately
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Be able to work alone with minimum supervision
- Experience in empowering individuals to make informed choices/positive change
- Experience in completing support plans, risk and needs assessments
- Experience in working and engaging as part of a team
- Be physically able to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to deal with difficult/crisis/conflict situations
- The ability to understand the needs of people from diverse, cultural, social and racial backgrounds.
- Understand the needs of people who have drug, alcohol, behavioural or mental health issues
- Experience working in a residential / hostel environment
- Experience in handling confidential information in line with data protection requirements
- A strong and demonstratable commitment to promoting Falcon Support Services approach to equality and diversity in all work undertaken
- Must be over the age of 18
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Have access to a vehicle for business purposes
- Hold a valid driving licence
Falcon Support Services is equipped to train and support people who do not have relevant skills and experience but do have the right values, behaviours, and attitudes.
Why Work for us:
- 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays) rising to 33 days from 01.01.23
- Birthday Leave - You will never have to work on your Birthday again with an additional day's Birthday leave
- Comprehensive Induction Training Package
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Family Flex Scheme (Hours amended to ensure you don’t miss out on the important key family events; the first day of school, sports days, nativity plays etc)
- Quarterly full-staff team meetings
- Christmas Savings Club
- Staff Wellbeing drop-in sessions
- Making a difference to people in need
- Varied work where no day is the same