Position Title: Emotional and Wellbeing Worker
Location: Loughborough and Coalville
Hours of duty: 25 hours per week over 4 days (Can be flexible with start/finish times)
Actual Days: Tuesday - Friday
Rate of Pay: £11.95 per hour
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract Until 31/03/24 with possible extension
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please make sure your cover letter clearly demonstrates your expertise and how you meet the role requirements. This should be a minimum of 500 words and not exceed 2 pages.
Falcon Support Services provides supported accommodation and community projects to those that are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or vulnerable in the community.
Our service helps vulnerable people by providing safe and secure accommodation with our staff working alongside clients to help them develop their skills, so they can move away from homelessness to living independently and positively contribute to their community.
Supporting service users that are homeless/at risk of homelessness, living in supported accommodation, and/or socially isolated that are experiencing mental health difficulties.
Support will be about supporting those with mental health issues as well as prevention. Support will be delivered either in their own properties, our supported accommodation services or through our community services.
The workers will work with service users to use their voice and feed into the service encouraging active engagement in development, providing feedback, and providing focus groups to hopefully tackle health inequalities. This will generate information from the community about needs in order to further inform
- The workers will meet with service users to complete an assessment of their needs and identify potential pathways to other mental health workers/support groups within the community of health services.
- To provide one-to-one sessions to support individuals with their well-being.
- To provide group activity sessions where people share common interests including allotment, mindfulness, fitness, arts and crafts, baking, and other activities that improve someone’s wellbeing.
- To listen, advise, and support vulnerable members of the community including those that are socially isolated, living in poverty, or homeless.
- Signpost and refer appropriately, assisting with access to local services including, but not limited to:
- Health Centres, GP surgeries, nursing services
- Loughborough Wellbeing Café
- Crisis Cafés
- Mental Health Crisis Team
- Central Access Point
- Let’s Talk Wellbeing Service
- Leicestershire Partnership Trust
- Recreational activities/Sports
- Create and distribute well-being care packages that build confidence, resilience and include activities with the person that interest them i.e. arts and crafts, sports, building on their skills.
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary in order to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies, or any other such organisations.
- To effectively use IT systems to maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases/risk logs
- To complete and provide any documentation, reports, statistics, and any other information required by Falcon Support Services and/or any other agency.
Monitoring and reporting on outcomes as per grant terms and conditions.
Compliance / Health & Safety
To adhere to all of Falcon Support Services values, policies, and procedures as well as any specific local procedures.
- Report all incidents of H&S, or any other serious issue, completing an incident report
- Carry out the practical tasks required of the job being continuously aware of any risks presented by the working environment and consistently acting in a way to minimise these risks. Report concerns appropriately, such as adult and child safeguarding issues and substantial risk
- To be alert to the health and well-being of all clients, reporting any concerns to the Manager
All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To support staff wellbeing as a Mental Health First Aider, running monthly wellbeing lunch for staff and being part of feeding into Falcon Support Services Employee Experience committee and Leicestershire Healthy Workplaces Scheme.
- To work cooperatively with other members of the team, constructively contributing to team meetings, covering office duty, and assisting with the smooth running of the service
- To show a willingness to assist and cover for colleagues when they are absent
- Mentor and support students and/or volunteers in the service
- To effectively work with a range of multi-disciplinary partners, support providers, and funders in both the statutory and voluntary sectors. This could include attendance at networking events and forums.
- To develop team spirit and cooperative working across all teams, internal and external.
- To work flexibly to ensure effective service provision.
- ·o undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- The post holder will be lone working. To use FSS lone working devise “Work Safe”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post, such additional duties may be undertaken which are reasonably commensurate with the level of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Good I.T skills
- Confidence in delivering group work
- Ability to manage own workload and diary.
- Awareness of local services and referral pathways
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
- Have access to a vehicle for business purposes.
- Hold a valid driving license.