Post: Purchase Ledger / Order Clerk
Hours of duty: 17.5 hours per week
Mon 09:00 to 15:00
Tue 09:00 to 15:00
Wed 09:00 to 14:30
Salary: £11.60 per hour
Purpose of the job
To support the work of the Finance Department and Central Services
To provide administrative services for Finance and Central Services Departments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Transfer from Purchase Ordering files on SharePoint the monthly Invoices and Purchase Orders and save them to Awaiting Payments on Finance/Admin. Print off monthly invoices ready to enter on the Sage50 program.
- Setting up new supplier's accounts and maintaining existing account details on Sage50
- Check all purchase orders have been approved by the relevant Manager and that the approved limit is in line with Falcon Support Services Procurement Policy.
- Run monthly reports from Sage50 to inform which supplier will need to be paid.
- Enter monthly purchase orders onto Sage50. Run monthly reports from Sage50 to show which suppliers require payment.
- Process Projects Petty Cash.
- Place orders for the Charity’s Projects. Work with staff and Suppliers to ensure the goods are delivered to the correct Projects.
- All orders will be uploaded to SharePoint with a signed Purchase Order by the Project Manager. The Purchase Order will be in line with Falcon Support Services Procurement Policy.
- Being the first point of contact for staff and Suppliers payment queries.
- To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
- To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure all aspects of the Group Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
- Ensure confidentiality and data protection are adhered to,
- Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will therefore require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a Criminal Records Bureau check.
- To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Working in an office
- Using Microsoft office, excel, word and possibly Sage50 would be an advantage
- Education at level 2 or level 3 AAT or equivalent NVQ accountancy would be an advantage
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Willingness to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.